On the twelfth day of Christmas,
Santa’s rogue elves sent to me:
Twelve crazy boys howling in cacophony.
I have only two boys, not twelve.
But sometimes, with all the sugar-fueled insanity of the season, it’s hard to believe this chaos isn’t caused by a busload of boys.
What makes matters even more humorous is the apparent lack of understanding of what exactly it means to be “good.”
Does calling your brother a freak instead of a jerk constitute acceptable behavior?
Or what about whacking said brother over the head with a soft-covered graphic novel…instead of a baseball bat?
Is that good(ish) behavior?
Well, if nothing else, we all know by now that everything in life is subject to relativity.
On that note…
Presenting a dozen thoughts that have gone through my head (or actually come out of my mouth) during holiday seasons over the years.
1) You really think you’ve been good enough to even receive coal!?! Ha!
2) Define “good.”
3) I told Santa you thought you’ve been good this year. He cracked a rib laughing.
4) One word for you: Krampus.
5) Santa is watching. Well yeah, I guess technically that means Krampus is watching, too…
6) Fine. Be naughty. Santa would be happy to save himself a trip!
7) The moment you stop believing is the moment you start receiving socks and underwear. Remember that!
8) No, I’m not sure why Santa likes cookies so much. Yes, he’s a “big dude.”
9) No, we will not create a special chimney for Santa. He can go through the door like every other respectable human being.
10) Sorry, no. Putting you in time out will not cement my place alongside you on the naughty list.
11) One more word and we’ll pack up your toys and donate them all to kids in need. Seriously, knock it off! Or we’ll donate you, too.
12) Yeah, I know you’re having visions of sugar plums. Visions of throwing them at my head, perhaps? (Come on. We all know nobody actually eats those things.)
~Ho, ho, ho! Happy Thursday and Merry Christmas to you all, my wonderful friends! May your holiday be full of joy and happiness.~